MAVAN Capital Partners is managed by a team of successful entrepreneurs, experienced executives and active investors, bringing over 100 years of private capital and technology industry experience. MAVAN’s investor and founder-first philosophy is supported by their extensive operational, administrative and private equity experience.
Integrating these skill sets allows the partners to leverage their global relationships to access unique deal flow across various technology verticals. While maintaining a culture of integrity and community.
- Extensive private and public company management experience
- Access to many different markets and unique deal flow in various technology verticals that sets us apart from any other investment company
- Unmatched senior relationships within the technology industry
- Access to many senior technology business operators who have built large successful companies with excellent track records of acquisition
Meet the MAVAN Team
As the Chief Executive Officer for MAVAN Tech Opportunity Fund #1 and MAVAN Backyard Venture Fund (VCC) #1 & #2, Laine brings over 15 years Canadian Private Capital Market expertise specializing in Capital Formation and Structured Offerings. In addition, he has extensive experience in Exempt Market Dealer compliance, Regulatory Framework and Legal Requirements.
As CIO for MAVAN Capital Partners, Brodie brings a long list of experience including 10 years with Microsoft as Chief Technology Strategist in Canada and the United States. He also founded Brightwork Ventures, was a founding Director and Fund Manager for the 2019 Okanagan Investment Society as well as an executive in Residence at Accelerate Okanagan.
MAVAN’s Advisory Board
Gary Parmar; Partner MNP LLP CPA, CA, ICD.D Tech & Private Enterprise
- Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) in accounting from the University of Alberta
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) qualifying as a Chartered Accountant (CA)
- MNP’s Private Enterprise Technology Media Telecommunications Regional Leader in Kelowna
- Member of the advisory council for the BC Cancer Foundation
- Previous Director/Audit Committee Chair for SolarWindow Technologies Inc.
- Previously a Mentor and Advisory Council Member for Entrepreneurship@UBCO
Mark Betteridge; Mark Betteridge & Associates Inc.
- Board member of the BC Business Council and Accelerate Okanagan
- Founding Director and past Chair of the Board of Covenant House Vancouver
- Member of Lambda Alpha and the Canadian Institute of Planners
- First President of the University of British Columbia Real Estate Corporation, now UBC Properties Trust
- Chair of BC Agri-Food and Bio-Products Advisory Committee for the BC Innovation Council
- Previously Vice Chair of the Vancouver Economic Development and a Director of the Vancouver Aquarium
- Previously a Direction of the BC Technology Industry Association
Partners in Business
Our team has founded, built, sold, advised, consulted with high growth companies across North America.
We are a diverse team of successful business, finance, and legal professionals with extensive private and public company management experience across many industries. We have built strong relationships which provides access to opportunities not commonly available to most investors.